According to the relevant regulations promulgated by the Egyptian National Telecommunications Authority (NTRA), all communication equipment used in Egypt, including terminal equipment, radio communication equipment, etc., must obtain NTRA type certification. PVOC inspection: PVoC only issues CoC compliance certificates without certification marks. The logo of the Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS).
1. Terminal equipment
1) Various types of telephones
2) Fax machine (voice connection device)
3) Card type/pay phone
4) Various types of public/private switches
5) GSM mobile station and telephone
2. Radio communication equipment
1) Radio transmitting/receiving equipment
2) Satellite communication equipment
3) Cordless phone
4) Radar device
3. All indoor/outdoor, limited/wireless IT communication equipment.
To apply for NTRA VOC certification, you need to obtain a CE NB certificate from an Egyptian qualification agency, then transfer to NTRA VOC certification, and then perform PVOC inspection.
1. CE NB, the cycle is 3-4 weeks, the sample is 1 fixed frequency machine + 2 sets of complete machines
2. NTRA VOC, the cycle is 10 working days, no samples
3. PVOC, charge for inspection according to the value of the goods
NTRA certification for wireless terminal products
Wireless terminal products first consider the frequency bands they use, and must comply with the regulations of the Egyptian Telecommunications Administration for radio frequency spectrum allocation. CE and FCC have different certifications for wireless terminal products. Products based on CE certification must comply with the relevant coordination standards of the R&TTE Directive on electrical safety, electromagnetic compatibility, radio frequency, and personal safety, and obtain the EU notification body (NB) audit certificate or opinion Book. Common coordination standards are: the product name, model, software and hardware version, frequency band, power, compliance standards, test report and technical document number will be indicated on the audit certificate or opinion letter. FCC mainly considers compliance with electromagnetic compatibility, radio frequency, and personal safety. Products based on FCC certification must meet the relevant regulations of 47 CFR Part 2, Part 22, Part 24 and other chapters, and apply for and obtain the review of the United States Telecommunications Accreditation Body (TCB) Certificate.
NTRA certification for telecommunications terminal products
For telecommunications terminal products connected to the public telecommunications network, CE certification mainly considers content related to electrical safety, electromagnetic compatibility, and performance. It needs to pass coordinated standards such as EN 60950-1, EN55022, EN55024, and interface performance such as TBR 21 and TBR38. standard test. The certification mode can adopt the method of enterprise self-declaration or obtaining NB certification certificate. FCC mainly considers electromagnetic compatibility, electrical safety and other aspects. It needs to comply with the relevant regulations of 47 CFR Part68. It has passed tests such as TIA-968-A. The certification mode can adopt the method of enterprise self-declaration or obtaining TCB certification.
NTRA Type Approval Certificate
(1) When the equipment meets the following requirements, the competent authority will issue only one type certification certificate for the equipment with the same trademark and model:
Applicants must meet the requirements of the type certification regulations
Telecommunications equipment meets all relevant requirements
(2) The type certification certificate indicates the certificate holder, the certified equipment, the standards that the equipment complies with, the manufacturer and the origin of the manufacturer.
(3) If no unauthorized modification is made to the equipment that has passed the certification, the type certification certificate has no time limit.
(4) The type certification certificate does not authorize the use of approved products that provide telecommunication services to others, and stipulates that the certificate can only be used by the certificate holder. In any case where a license or Telecommunications Act No.10/2003 license is required, approved products should not be combined.