Taiwan's BSMI certification "Information Commodity Electrical Safety Specification Inspection Standard" CNS14336-1 (99 version) has been implemented since January 1, 2012, while the previous version of Taiwan BSMI certification CNS 14336 (2005 version) is no longer applicable on the same day. Taiwan's BSMI certification CNS13438 (complete version of 1995) was announced on August 16, 2010, and the "inspection standard CNS 13438 "Information Technology Equipment-Radio Frequency Interference Characteristics-Limit Values and Measurement Methods" was added to implement a dynamic radiation test above 1GHz. And Telecom Port Conduction Test Item Inspection Regulations", effective from October 1, 2010, BSMI is the abbreviation of "Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection" from the Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection of the Ministry of Economic Affairs of Taiwan.
Taiwan voltage: single-phase 110V/220, three-phase 220V, frequency 60Hz.
Basic information of Taiwan BSMI certification
Is it mandatory: mandatory
Test content: safety and EMC
Do you want factory inspection: No
Local test: yes
Local representative: Yes
Certificate validity period: 5 years (verification registration), 3 years (certification registration)
Application cycle: usually 3-5 weeks
China Taiwan BSMI certification is mandatory and requires both EMC and SAFETY. However, BSMI currently does not have factory inspections, but it must act in accordance with the regulations of the Bureau of Standards. Therefore, BSMI's certification model is: product inspection + registration supervision.
BSMI application method
Type approval includes two types:
1. EMC type approval (replacing the original EMC application) will be enforced from November 1, 2002. Applicable products: 61 electronic and electrical products only have EMI requirements, and 124 electronic and electrical products only need EMI+ safety reports (if the products have safety requirements). Applicable standards: only EMI. The documents that need to be provided are (electromagnetic compatibility type approval application, test report, technical documents: photos, labels, parts with electromagnetic compatibility, block diagrams and manuals).
2. Type approval (EMC+Safety), since January 1, 2004, 178 electronic and electrical products need to apply for this approval. Applicable standard: EMC+Safety, the documents that need to be provided are (product type approval application, company or factory license, test report, technical documents for electromagnetic compatibility: photos, labels, parts with electromagnetic interference, block diagrams And user manuals and safety technical documents). Validity period of the certificate: three years, can be extended once.
BSMI certification registration
Enforcement date: Not yet announced, applicable standard: EMI+ safety regulations. The documents that need to be provided include (product type approval application, company or factory license, test report, technical documents for electromagnetic compatibility: photos, labels, parts with electromagnetic interference, block diagrams and user manuals, and safety technology Documents, declaration of conformity). Certificate validity: three years, can be extended once
BSMI certification compliance statement
Enforcement date: January 18, 2002. Applicable products: 19 kinds of information technology equipment components. Applicable standard: CNS13438 (ONLY EMC). The documents that need to be provided are (declaration of conformity, test report, technical documents: photos, labels, parts with electromagnetic interference, block diagrams and manuals). No certificate. For electronic and electrical products, the features of the three application methods provided by the Bureau of Standards are as follows:
The declaration of conformity only applies to the parts and components of some information technology equipment (please refer to the product description on the website of the Bureau of Standards, Metrology, Inspection and Quarantine)
The product cost manufacturer decides to apply for certification registration or type approval.
The difference between certification registration and type approval is:
Inspection method: If the product has been type approved, the inspection to the customer will be simplified. For products applying for certification and registration, customers will not be inspected, and random random tests will be adopted in the market.
If your product falls within the following range, you need to apply for verification to expand the domestic market:
1. Compulsory commodity inspection mark (CI MARK): electrical products (such as home appliances), electronic products (such as information equipment and entertainment audio-visual equipment products), mechanical products (such as power tools), chemical products Products (such as tires and toys).
2. Voluntary CNS MARK: Industrial products, building materials, electric wires, home appliances, auto parts, industrial raw materials, or competitors' products have already been marked with straight characters.
3. Voluntary product verification mark (VPC MARK): important safety components, digital set-top boxes, lamp holders, battery chargers, restricted hazardous substances, lithium batteries, electromagnetic compatibility of vehicles, sports fitness equipment, etc.