GCC is the English abbreviation of Gulf Cooperation Council. The Gulf Cooperation Council was established in Abu Dhabi, UAE on May 25, 1981. Its member states are Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Sultanate of Oman, Kingdom of Bahrain, and Yemen. The General Secretariat is located in Riyadh, the capital of Saudi Arabia. The high-power body is the High Council, which is composed of heads of state of the member states. The political and economic systems of the six countries are similar, the royal family is closely connected, and they have common interests in politics, economy, diplomacy, and national defense. They are an important political and economic organization in the Middle East.
The GCC member countries have a total area of 2.67 million square kilometers and a population of about 34 million. The gross domestic product in 2003 totaled about 380 billion U.S. dollars. The main resources are oil and natural gas. It is an important regional organization in the Middle East. The six GCC countries are at the transportation hubs of the eastern and western hemispheres and have very important strategic geographical locations. It borders Iraq and Jordan to the north, Yemen and the Arabian Sea to the south, the Arabian Gulf to the east and the Red Sea to the west. Most of the territory is desert, with a tropical desert climate.
Foreign trade occupies a very important position in the national economy of the six GCC countries. Due to its single economic structure, in addition to petroleum and petrochemical products, most of the living and production needs rely on imports. The total annual import and export trade is about 240 billion US dollars. The main export countries are the United States, Japan, the European Union, South Korea, Southeast Asia and other countries, and the main import countries are the European Union, the United States, Japan and Southeast Asia.
GCC logo representation
GCC conformity mark logo representation
1) The product company meets the requirements of GCC regulations.
2) The marked products meet the requirements of GCC regulations.
3) Products must not only meet the requirements of safety, public health, consumer protection, etc., but also meet the requirements of GSO regulations.
4) The legal person or enterprise is responsible for the product affixed with the GCC Conformity Marking logo, and promises that the product meets all applicable GSO regulatory requirements, and has also passed the conformity assessment procedure.
5) In order to have multiple applicable GCC technical regulations, GCC Conformity Marking indicates that the product complies with all applicable regulations. These regulations should be correspondingly reflected on the product label and nameplate.
6) Except for the exempt products caused by some special economic reasons or administrative measures, all regulated products must be labeled with GCC Conformity Marking before entering the GCC market. Exempted products are only applicable to products that are not harmful to health, safety and related operability. These exempted products must be notified by GSO to all Gulf member states.
7) The pattern of GCC Conformity Marking cannot be too large or too small, and must be related to technical regulations.
8) If the relevant laws and regulations stipulate the size of GCC Conformity Marking, the height of the mark must be greater than 5mm.
9) The GCC Conformity Marking logo should appear in the appropriate position according to the nature of the product, such as fixed or printed on the product label, or printed on the product packaging or printed on a closed document in accordance with regulatory requirements.
10) GCC Conformity Marking requires clear, readable and not easy to wear.
11) GCC Conformity Marking is made and pasted in the finished product stage.
12) The GCC Conformity Marking logo must carry the identity code of the notified body
13) Other deceptive marks that are the same or similar to the GCC Conformity Marking mark are not allowed.
14) The GCC Conformity Marking logo can be combined with other national or international standards.
At the same time, as long as these signs will not confuse GCC Conformity Marking and will not restrict or damage the readability of GCC Conformity Marking.
15) The GCC Conformity Marking logo can be made and pasted by the manufacturer, agency or the person responsible for the GCC marketing of the product.
16) The manufacturer or the manufacturer’s agency in the GCC member needs to issue a statement stating that the company can only make and paste the GCC Conformity Marking logo after it meets the relevant regulatory requirements of the formal inspection and quality control system.
17) Declare that the product meets the basic requirements and conditions stipulated by the GCC technical regulations. Or declare that the product is consistent with the sample tested by the notified body.
18) Unless otherwise specified in GCC regulations, all declaration documents shall be maintained for at least 10 years.
19) The declaration and label shall contain at least the following:
A. The name of the manufacturer or the name of the agency in the GCC country;
B. Product identity features, such as: product name, model, model code, serial number and other similar data.
C. Standards, regulations and technical guidelines adopted in product design and production;
D. Product grade or category (electrical appliances);
E. The person responsible for the product and his signature (manufacturer or legal agent in a GCC member state);
F. Declaration file-declaration that this file explains the responsibility of the manufacturer or the legal agent;
G. The identity of the signatory of the manufacturer or agency;
20) The declaration file can contain other information, such as the name and address of the inspection and testing organization, and the name and address of the person responsible for the product.
21) In order to prevent a product from having multiple applicable GCC technical regulations, the manufacturer may issue a statement to include all GCC technical regulations that the product meets in the statement.
22) The declaration document can be provided to the market research and control agencies of GCC member states at any time.
According to the new standards in the form of extension, the new standard items need to be retested and submitted to the GSO together with the GCC certificate. GSO reserves the right to view other test reports and raw data of other models. All test data must come from the company’s own laboratory or from an independent laboratory accredited by GSO.
1) For the models that have been certified with GCC certificate, the manufacturer must resubmit the original of the new GCC certificate and the test report and original data of the new test item to the GSO Head Office.
2) Manufacturers of new models applying for certification must submit to GSO a certificate of compliance with GCC certification requirements, and submit a test report that meets GSO requirements. Every year before the first shipment, the manufacturer shall submit an English/Arabic certificate of conformity to GSO to prove that the model meets the requirements of the Gulf Vehicle Standard.
3) Manufacturers of semi-finished vehicles (such as chassis, etc.), before shipping the first batch of any type of goods each year, also submit the certificate in English/Arabic to the GSO in advance, and at least submit the certificate to the standardization and metrology organization of the GCC country in advance. The certificate of conformity written in English/Arabic certifies that this type of vehicle is completed in accordance with the guidelines of the semi-complete vehicle manufacturer and still meets the requirements of the relevant vehicle Gulf standards.
1. Complete the GCC certification consultation form and apply to the consulting company;
2. The company conducts tests on motor vehicles and tire products in GCC accredited laboratories in accordance with the methods and requirements of relevant Gulf standards;
3. The consulting company assists the company in preparing the technical and certification documents that need to be submitted to GSO based on the testing data;
4. GSO will review the documents submitted by the company. If the review is qualified, GSO will issue a GCC certification to the company. If the review fails, GSO will notify the company that the application has not been passed and the reason;
5. After the expiration of the GCC certification certificate, it is necessary to make a new application for extension and apply for a new GCC certificate.
1) Before the formal application, it is important to understand the relevant procedures of GCC certification. Since the GCC certification is valid for one year, and the application materials are required to be submitted at least three months in advance, the GSO has a summer vacation of up to three months each year, so Chinese companies must pay special attention to the time rhythm of GCC certification.
2) The key to obtaining GCC certification for Chinese automotive products is to master some of the special requirements of GCC certification, especially focusing on some items that are different from China's mandatory standards or more restrictive, such as engine cooling systems, passenger car interior spaces and luggage compartments Volume, installation location and signs, material requirements for brake friction linings and batteries, and special requirements for power control systems and exhaust systems.
3) Chinese auto companies should try their best to entrust laboratories accredited by the GSO organization for testing and testing. The format of the test report must meet the requirements, and the test cycle must comply with the GSO organization's reasonable cycle, and the original record data should be retained.
4) When Chinese vehicles undergo GCC certification, they must be adapted to adapt to the high temperature, sandy, and humid environment in the Middle East. For automobiles exported to Middle Eastern countries, the engine cooling system should be resistant to high temperatures and strong off-road, because the summer temperature in the Gulf region is as high as 40-50°C, and the temperature in winter is also maintained at about 20°C. The vehicle should be equipped with a large water tank to enhance the heat dissipation of the engine through the circulation of large water flow. Use large fans, large batteries, large generators, high-power air conditioners (not heating); use wide tires, tires increase the ply to resist high temperature, use sand-proof paint to improve the surface hardness of the car, four-wheel drive, and enhance off-road performance; Improve car interior decoration.
5) The configuration and interior of the vehicle must conform to the regional culture and demand characteristics (instructions in Arabic, interiors that conform to the characteristics of Islamic culture, and large luggage space).
6) Strengthen the after-sales service of vehicles.