The Philippine ICC certification was issued on August 17, 2007 by the Bureau of Product Standards (BPS) of the Department of Trade and Industry of the Philippines, the 2007 series of administrative orders issued by the Ministry, on mandatory Philippine national standards for audio, video and similar electrical appliances.
The ICC system applies to imported goods. For imported products that fall within the scope of mandatory Philippine National Standards (PNS), after the imported goods have been evaluated by the Philippine Bureau of Product Standards (BPS) to meet the corresponding Philippine national standards or internationally accepted foreign standards, BPS will give the products Of importers issued ICC licenses, allowing them to apply the ICC mark. Imported products are subject to sampling and testing. In addition, the Philippine Sea will conduct random sample inspections in the market to ensure that imported goods meet the corresponding PS standard requirements.
The necessity of ICC certification
1. Benefits for manufacturers
a. Enhance the competitiveness of products in the domestic and international markets;
b. Improve business sales and increase revenue.
2. Benefits for traders
a. Improve the reputation of traders, which will be regarded as a source of high-quality products;
b. Attract buyers who pay attention to product quality;
c. Enhance buyers' confidence in the product, thereby increasing sales.
The Philippines implements compulsory certification for 85 product series that have an impact on health and life safety and have a negative impact on the environment during use, including: electrical equipment/products, household appliances, building materials, safety matches, fire extinguishers, automobiles, petroleum products, gas Sol etc.
ICC compulsory certification list
1. Household appliances (air conditioners, electric fans, immersion water heaters, kitchen appliances (blenders, egg beaters, etc.) refrigerators, washing machines, etc.)
2. Lamps and related products (fluorescent lamps, incandescent lamps, lamp holders, Christmas lights/light strings, starters, etc.)
3. Wiring device (circuit breaker, metal wire junction box, plug socket, PVC tape, switch)
4. Wire and cable (PVC flexible wire, thermoplastic wire and cable)
5. Machinery/building materials (cement, steel pipe, ceramic tile, iron sheet, flat glass, water pipe, pipe fittings, toilet, bathtub, water tank, washbasin, iron wire)
6. Chemical and other products (fire extinguisher, lighter, single chair/stool, brake fluid, gas stove, vehicle inner tube, lead-acid battery, match, seat belt (seat belt) (windshield, rear light, side seat, Car tires)