PSE certification is a Japanese compulsory safety certification to prove that electrical and electronic products have passed the safety standard test of the Japanese Electrical and Material Safety Law (DENAN Law) or the international IEC standard. Japan's DENTORL Law (Electrical Device and Material Control Law) stipulates that 506 products must pass safety certification to enter the Japanese market. Among them, 165 types of A products should obtain the diamond-shaped PSE mark, and 341 types of B products should obtain the round PSE mark.
Since April 1, 2001, the "Electrical Product Control Law (DENTORL)" has been officially renamed the "Electrical Product Safety Law (DENAN)". Different from the control of the agreement provisions of the previous regulatory system, the new system will be guaranteed by unofficial institutions to ensure product safety.
PSE certification basic information
Is it mandatory: mandatory
Certificate validity period: 3-7 years for rhombus, based on product. For round shape, no expiration date, no certificate, only VOC can be issued
Factory inspection requirements: For rhombuses, only the first factory inspection is required, and there is no annual inspection. For round shape, no factory inspection requirements
License holder requirements: for diamond, factory/importer. For round shape, no requirement
Technical information: voltage frequency AC 100V, 50Hz /60Hz, plug JIS 8303
According to Japan's "Electrical Product Safety Law" PSE certification is divided into two categories.
PSE diamond certification: Among them, there are 165 kinds of products that are prone to accidents such as electric shock, fire, etc., and are classified as "specific electrical products-called Class A electrical products", such as chargers, adapters, etc.;
PSE circular certification: The remaining 341 less hazardous products are classified as "non-specific electrical products-called Class B electrical products", and most of the large and small household appliances, lighting products, lithium batteries, etc.
Applicable product range
Wires, wiring appliances, current limiters, transformers, ballasts, electric heating appliances, electric power application machinery appliances, AC electrical machinery appliances, portable generators, other AC machinery appliances, electrical wires, small AC motors, light sources and light sources Applied machinery and appliances, batteries, etc., belong to the scope of products stipulated by the specific electrical appliance safety law, such as: DC power supply devices, switches and sockets, electric water heaters, power cords and plugs, other household appliance transformers (AC-AC power products), etc. 165 products.
It belongs to the scope of products outside the specific electrical appliances safety law, such as: electric blankets, electric steamers, electric hair irons, electric ovens, microwave ovens, hair humidifiers, refrigerators, electric stirrers, electric egg cookers, electric insulation pots 341 products including, hair dryers, electric humidifiers, projectors, washing machines, incandescent bulbs, fluorescent lamps, desk lamps, decorative lamps, advertising lamps, lithium batteries and all LED bulbs and LED lamps.
1. The customer prepares samples and materials and submits them to the testing agency
2. The laboratory of the testing institution conducts the test. If it is a PSE round shape, a statement letter will be issued by Kezheng
3. For PSE rhombus, factory inspection is required
4. After passing the test and factory inspection, the issuing agency will issue a PSE diamond certificate
1. Application and submission materials: relevant application form
2. Test preparation materials
3. CB report (including Japan's difference test)
4. Wiring diagram
5. PCB design drawings related to safety regulations
6. Specifications of transformers and coil parts
7. List of key components and their certificates
8. Japanese manual or assembly manual
9. Japanese nameplates and warning signs (including PSE signs and notified supplier names)
10. Structure data table
11. List and calibration certificate used in factory production (for factory inspection)
12. Samples provided for testing: varies according to the applied standards and certification bodies. Usually, 5pcs samples are provided if there is a CB, and 10pcs samples are provided if there is no CB.