The full name of IFETEL is Instituto Federal de Telecomunicaciones. It is the Federal Telecommunications Research Institute of Mexico. It is responsible for the testing and type approval procedures required for all imported equipment for telecommunications in Mexico. All products that use frequency to transmit and/or receive signals and all communication products connected to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) or public networks must pass IFETEL certification.
Basic information of IFETEL certification
· Compulsory certification
· No need for factory inspection
· Need a local representative to hold a certificate
· Need local testing
· The certificate is valid for a long time
There is no special mark for IFETEL certification.
Products with in-vehicle/integrated radio: "IFETEL: xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Contains a host product that has been module certified: "This product contains a certified module, model xxxx, IFETEL number xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
1. Define the telecommunications and broadcasting radio frequency bands that can be used by licensed operators.
2. Grant operating rights and approve any transfer of operating rights.
3. Measures or update of telecommunications industry regulations.
4. Identify and regulate telecommunications monopolies.
Applicable product range
All communication equipment entering Mexico, including WIFI, Bluetooth, satellite and mobile cellular and other radio frequency functional products.
1. Submit materials and samples.
2. After passing the pre-test of Kezheng, it will be sent to Mexico for local testing.
3. After the sample has passed the test, a test report will be issued.
4. The qualification issuing agency reviews the test report and issues the IFETEL certificate