With the development of trade, buyers and consumers have continuously improved the safety and quality requirements of products. The Malaysian government stipulates that if products are shipped to Malaysia on a regular basis, suppliers need to apply for product certification. In 1998, Malaysia promulgated a new "Communications and Multimedia Act 1998" (Communications and Multimedia Act 1998), which made detailed regulations on Malaysia's telecommunications services and communications market access conditions.
At the same time, a new telecommunications regulatory agency-Malaysia Communications and Multimedia Commission (CMC) was born.
According to the "Communications and Multimedia Law", the placing of communication equipment on the market requires an application to CMC or a certification body designated by CMC to conduct type certification and obtain equipment certification and certification marks.
Communication Equipment Testing Section (CETS) under the jurisdiction of SIRIM is responsible for specific certification matters for communication equipment type certification.
SIRIM is the only certification management agency in Malaysia. Electronic products entering Malaysia need to apply for SIRIM certification. In principle, the applicant should be a local institution in Malaysia. SIRIM certification application and management are specifically responsible for SIRIM QAS International, and the organization issues SIRIM certificates.
Basic information of Malaysia SIRIM certification
Sample test required
Need local testing (only for functional verification)
The certificate is valid for 5 years
Processing cycle 3-5 weeks
Applicable product range
Communication equipment and "Electrical Equipment Approval Regulations" stipulate that the following 31 types of products must be subject to mandatory type certification and safety certification: plugs (below 15A), switches and dimmers, sockets (below 15A), fluorescent lamps and starters, Ceiling light wire box, bayonet lamp holder and multi-head adapter, fluorescent lamp (except for separately imported lamps), fluorescent lamp capacitors, fluorescent lamp ballasts, leakage protectors, electric water heaters (including separately imported heaters), hair dryers, Table lamp, liquid heating appliance, electric iron, electric shaver, kitchen video mixer, immersion heater, high-fidelity device, mosquito repellent, bread oven, electric fan, TV, vacuum cleaner, player, washing machine, refrigerator , Rice cookers, Christmas lights, household electric tools, wires and cables
Other products belong to the category of voluntary certification
SIRIM certified product range (general electrical products)
Communication equipment and "Electrical Equipment Approval Regulations" stipulate that the following 31 types of products must be subject to mandatory type certification and safety certification: plugs (below 15 A), switches and dimmers, sockets (below 15 A), fluorescent lamp holders and Starter frame, ceiling lamp wire box, bayonet lamp holder and multi-head adapter, fluorescent lamp (except separately imported lamp tube), fluorescent lamp capacitor, fluorescent lamp ballast, leakage protector, electric water heater (including separately imported heater), Hair dryer, desk lamp, liquid heating appliance, electric iron, electric shaver, kitchen food mixer, immersion heater, high-fidelity device, mosquito repellent, bread oven, electric fan, TV, vacuum cleaner, player, washing machine , Refrigerators, rice cookers, Christmas lights, household electric tools, wires and cables (cross-sectional area 0.5~35 ㎡).
Other products belong to the category of voluntary certification.
In addition to ordinary home appliances, key components such as plugs, power cords, switches, and LED power supplies also need to obtain SIRIM certification.
SIRIM certified product range (wireless products)
Controlled communication equipment includes:
· Calling Subscriber Line Identification Prompt (ACLIP) facility used to connect to the PSTN.
· Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL) transceiver.
· Use basic access to connect to the Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN).
· Use primary rate access to connect to ISDN.
· Wireless telephone system
· Low-frequency cables and wires with PVC insulation and PVC sheath.
· Overvoltage protection device.
· A dedicated automatic exchange extension (PABX) system connected to the PSTN.
· Terminal equipment connected to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).
Controlled wireless devices include:
· Amateur radio equipment.
· GSM mobile terminal.
· Land mobile radio equipment.
· Broadband wireless access (BWA) equipment.
· IMT-2000 third-generation (3G) cellular mobile terminal.
· Short Range Equipment (SRD)
1. Evaluate whether the product needs SIRIM certification
2. Carry out IECCB testing and certification (if IECCB certificate can be omitted)
3. For ST registration, energy efficiency products need to review energy efficiency reports
4. Submit IECCE report and factory quality documents to apply for SIRIM certification
5. After the documents are approved, the application will be accepted and factory inspection will be arranged
6. Pass the factory review and submit for approval