The Ministry of Knowledge Economy (MKE) of South Korea announced on August 25, 2008 that the National Standards Committee of South Korea will implement a new unified national logo, the "KC" logo, from July 2009 to December 2010. The "KC" logo means "Korea Certification". KC certification is the Korean electrical and electronic appliance safety certification system, which is based on the "ELECTRIC APPLIANCES SAFETY CONTROL ACT" by the Korea Institute of Technology and Standards (KATS) The mandatory safety certification system implemented on January 1, 2009.
In order to avoid repeated certification, EMC and Safety will be managed separately from July 1, 2012. For electrical and electronic products that apply for Korean certification, they must obtain KC certificates and KCCs for their safety and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) requirements. Certificate (new MSIP). There are 2 KC-certified qualification certification agencies: Korea Testing Certification (KTC) and Korea Electrical Testing Institute (KTL). These two are not only KC's certification agencies, but also qualification testing laboratories.安全标准方面，凡进入韩国市场的产品都需To comply with the Korean safety standard K standard (similar to the IEC standard), the requirements of South Korea must be met when using the IEC standard. National differences can be found in the announcement in the IECEE CB system. In terms of EMC, the Korean EMI standard is similar to the CISPR standard, and the EMS standard is similar to the EN standard.
Classification of certification systems
Korea KC certification is divided into "KC Safety", "KC EMC and RF" and "MEPS"
(1) KC Safety
In order to prevent consumer safety accidents such as electric shocks and fires, a safety management system for electrical appliances has been implemented, and only confirmed products are allowed to leave the factory and be sold. The latest "Electrical Appliances Safety Management Law" requires that KC Safety certification is divided into three categories according to the different levels of product hazards:
· Compulsory safety certification (Safety Certification)
· Self-regulatory Safety Confirmation
· Supplier Self-Confirmation (SDoC)
Certificate validity period:
1. Compulsory safety certification-----none, the annual review maintains the validity (the following template)
2. Self-discipline and safety confirmation-5 years
3. Self-confirmation by the supplier-----no certificate, the confirmation is permanently valid
Factory inspection requirements: Compulsory safety certification requires the first factory inspection and annual inspection
Requirements for certificate holders: The mandatory safety certification must be a factory certificate, and the other two types of certification factories/manufacturers/importers can hold the certificate.
(2) Electromagnetic compatibility & RF radio frequency certification (KC EMC and RF)
Ensure that the equipment should be able to work normally in a certain electromagnetic environment, that is, the equipment should have a certain degree of electromagnetic immunity (EMS); secondly, the electromagnetic disturbance generated by the equipment itself cannot have an excessive impact on other electronic products, that is, electromagnetic Harassment (EMI).
KC EMC and KC RF certifications include electromagnetic compatibility testing, radio frequency and telecommunications testing. According to the latest "Radio Wave Law" requirements, the certification system is divided into three categories according to the different levels of product harm to the radio environment:
· Certification of Conformity
· Registration of Compatibility
· Interim of Conformity
(3) Energy efficiency rating (MEPS)
The energy efficiency rating label is an information label that indicates the energy efficiency and other performance indicators of the product. The purpose is to provide the necessary information for users and consumers to make purchase decisions to guide and help consumers choose energy-efficient and energy-saving products.
Applicable product range
The product range of KC certification generally includes electrical products above AC50 volts to below 1000 volts. In addition to products that must be certified for safety, they must apply for self-discipline safety confirmation.
(1). Safety certified electrical appliances (57 items)
Wires Cables and Cords: 1 item (wires, cables)
Electrical Switches for Electrical Appliances: 1 item (Electrical Switches, Electrical Appliances Switches)
Capacitors & Filters: 1 item (capacitors, power filters)
Installation Accessories and Connection Devices: 1 item
Electrical protection components Installation Protective Equipment: 2 items (miniature fuses and fuse clips, circuit breakers)
Household insulation transformer Safety Transformer and Similar Equipment: 2 items (small household transformer and voltage stabilizer)
Electrical Appliances for Household and Similar Equipment: 36 items (vacuum cleaners, electric irons, etc.) rated output power below 10kW, excluding explosion-proof and medical machinery use
Motor Tools: (1 item)
Audio, Video and Similar Electronic Appliance: 4 items (power supply, copier, UPS, plastic machine)
IT and Office Appliances: 18 items (monitors, printers, projectors, scanners, etc.)
11. Lighting equipment: 4 items
(2) Products subject to self-regulatory safety confirmation (95 items)
Switches for Electrical Appliances: Electrical control terminals
Household insulation transformer Safety Transformer and Similar Equipment: 2 items
Electrical Appliances for Household and Similar Equipment: 35 Item Rated output power below 10kW, excluding explosion-proof type and medical machinery use
Audio and video application equipment: 34 items (TVs, video players, tuners, etc.)
Information technology and office equipment: 18 items (monitors, printers, projectors, scanners, etc.)
11. Lighting equipment: 5 items
1. The customer prepares samples and materials and submits them to the testing agency
2. The testing agency submits samples and data to KTL/KTC for testing
3. KTL/KTC conducts safety test and issues KC test report after the test is completed
4. (If any) For safety certification, KTL/KTC needs to arrange factory inspection, and follow-up annual factory audit every year
5. KTL/KTC audit report and other application documents, KC certificate will be issued after there is no problem
1. Relevant application form
2. Product label
3. Product manual (Korean version)
4. Parts list
5. List of derived models
6. Circuit diagram and Layout
7. Parts certificate
8. Specifications of transformers, inductors, etc.
9. CB certificate and report